News & Updates
What’s New at Squamish Days 2016
Posted on Jul 25 2016
Thursday, July 28th
- The Kettle Boil has moved to a new location at the Squamish Valley Golf Club. The action starts at 6:30pm, and there will be live music from Simon Jongsma to keep you entertained between heats.
- NEW EVENT: Fortis BC presents an Outdoor Movie Night at the Al McIntosh Loggers Sports grounds. Gates and concessions open at 8pm and once it gets dark we’ll start the movie … The Jungle Book!
Friday, July 29th
- The World Championship Chair Carve will now take place downtown at Cleveland Avenue & Winnipeg Street. The chainsaws will be fired up starting at 3pm and the chair auction will start at approximately 5pm.
- The Bed Races is getting started a little early this year. Make sure you’ve secured your viewing spot or registered by 6:30pm
Sunday, July 31st
- The 10K run is now an 8K run. It’s still an out and back, flat course, but now it’s a little shorter; a great distance and course to get started in road running.
Monday, August 1st
- The Picnic at the Pavilion is back for it’s second year, and this year we’ve gone country! Plus we’ve added a free yoga class at 11am to help get your BC Day morning started. The bands and entertainment will follow, so bring your picnic blanket and appetite and enjoy a chilled out day at the park.
Loggers Sports Shows
- We’re welcoming former CFL, All-Star Middle Linebacker, Shea Emry as our special guest at the Parade and Sunday Open Loggers Sports Show
- There are over 30 local Squamish competitors registered to compete
- We have 23 female competitors entered this year, a record for the Squamish Days Loggers Sports Shows!
Of course all the favourites will be back as well, check out our Events Calendar for all the details.